At Metamorphosis we know that transformation begins with a change in thinking and practice. Join our community of teachers and administrators who are transforming their school and district cultures through Content Coaching. Our focus on the instructional core inspires and equips teachers and leaders to optimize performance throughout school communities. Our collaborative, hands-on approach equips educators to innovate, take risks, and make lasting improvements in the lives of their students.
The philosophy of Metamorphosis has been influenced by research and experience. It is also grounded in theory:
- Carol Dweck's Incremental Theory of Intelligence;
- Lauren Resnick's Principles of Learning (e.g., accountable talk, socializing intelligence, self management of learning, learning as apprenticeship);
- Margaret Wheatley's theories of leadership and systemic thinking (Leadership and the New Science);
- Hans Freudenthal's theory of realistic mathematics education; and
- Cathy Fosnot and Maarten Dolk's model of mathematical development called The Landscape of Learning.